2014/07/28

Explore: A Day in Mainhattan

Recently, I went to Frankfurt to drop off my best friend at the airport and then meet up with another friend in the city centre. I've never been there before, so I guess I can say that I threw myself in cold water. The only map I had was a tube map. (Okay, I did have an actual street map but who wants to come across as a tourist?)


In the end, I don't regret spending a day in this metropolis at all. I would even say that I didn't get the typical "tourist experience" since I had a guide who's grown up there. He showed me places I wouldn't have gone to - or discovered - if I had been on my own. After visiting the palm garden, we went to a lovely café in the middle of the city, yet it was really cosy due to the various types of benches and chairs that added up to a very warm and relaxed atmosphere. (And the waffles were really nice!;) Then there was a minigolf set-up in a shopping arcade. The gist of that for me is: "Always go as far towards the sky as you get." To make it more clear: Always explore the upper floors because you might find the most interesting shops (or minigolf places) up there.
Last but not least he's shown me one of his favourite bars and to wrap it up, we had dinner in an Asian restaurant situated in a residential quarter. Asian food has never tasted as good before.

I definitely want to return to Frankfurt some day, maybe even study there because the University is really modern and interesting (There are elevators who constantly spin from the ground to the top and back - in case you're bored, you might as well hop on one and stay there until you've gone through the roof and through the cellar before you hop off again. You shouldn't suffer from claustrophobia though...). The only thing capable to creep an unknowing visitor out may be the dozens of Goethes in several colours who sit in the grass in front of the main entrance. Someone who doesn't know better would think they were your average garden gnomes.


 For more impressions, click here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen