2014/08/05

Advise: Figure Out What to Do With Your Life

Someone has been thoughtful today and wrote this post in advance. I figured I would find better words to express what I want to stay before I start working than after staring at a screen for seven hours.

Life.
(At this point I wanted to include an actual defintion, but it turned out that a proper one would be as long as the post I'm trying to write, so here's just the word.)

I don't know about you, but the past year when I studied for my A-Levels, I couldn't wait to turn 18, become responsible for myself and be in charge of everything. To make my own decisions, at my own terms, be my own boss. I wanted to be free to do whatever I wanted, graduate from school and explore my possibilities in the whole wild world (the www - oh wait, that's the whole wide web - ignore my attempt on being funny).
 Then I turned 18 and faced tons of paperwork. I accepted the new responsibilites and wanted to reject them after some time. I graduated and got confused regarding all the options I had.
I realized the means of being in charge of everything. It's great and it's horrible.

It took me ages to figure out what I want to do, how I want to reach my goals, whether to study now or in a year and which city I should study in, which study path I should choose. A few months ago, I didn't know that I was going to be where I am right now. And I'm still questioning everything because I don't want to miss life.

Growing up is a process that neither starts nor ends at a particular age. It's the feeling you get when you begin to be curious about the things your parents or legal guardians are confronted with on a daily basis, about what comes after school and when you try figuring out who you are as a person.

I don't think there's a particularly wrong or a remarkably right decision in this process, and that's why my main tip is:

Source: Unknown
Focus. Focus. Focus. Focus. Focus on your feelings, focus on your values, on your general opinion of what is right or wrong for you. No one else but you is capable of giving you the answer to essential qestions. Your friends and family can be guides because they know you in a way you might not even know yourself, yet in the end, it comes down to you.

At least that's how I figured out that I want to be a journalist and write for a reliable magazine or newspaper, study English and Psychology and travel a lot with people I want to share memories with. Plan B is becoming a police psychologist. I guess I'm really into helping people or improving their lives with words. Written or spoken.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen