2014/08/14

Think: Liberty of the Press

Guess what? I think freedom of the press is one of the most important human rights. I've recently even written an article about that, just waiting for it to go online. The organization "Reporter Ohne Grenzen" yearly publishes a book in which one picture in each country illustrates the domestic situation of the press freedom. I've found a few of them in this article in the Süddeutsche Zeitung (obviously it's in German because I tend to read German newspapers, aha).
I've decided to show you the photos I find most felicitous and summarize the subtext.
Turkey. This street merchant holding flags of his country got arrested on July 6, 2013 for selling them to protestants.
Russia. Two Russian soldiers guarding the entrance to a command centre. Many young recruits are getting abused.
Vietnam. Pictures of homosexual couples are very rare in Vietnamese media.
The whole book of ROG is available on Amazon and I'm probably going to purchase it as soon as I get home from work. Amazing photographs, amazing message. (I'm not trying to advertise this book here, just loving its general message because people should be aware of it that human rights aren't granted everywhere).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen