2014/12/16

Blogmas Day #16: Inspire: Emma Watson

You might have noticed my posts are being shorter or less creative these days - I've got so much work to do - interviewing people, writing the article, planning a video, turning the video, cutting it (and it's only Tuesday, oh life) so I'll be busy til the weekend. Let's hope I'll be a better blogger again by then.
Source
Whenever somebody asks me about my favourite actress, the first person popping up in my mind is Emma Watson. Not only because she's a talented young actress, but also an amazing, inspiring, beautiful woman. There's so much you can learn from her. She's characterized as being an actress, yet she also shows dedication towards politics (especially feminism) and other sections of life that the young girls and teenagers who are looking up to her can take as an inspiration or motivation to overthink their own attitude. Emma Watson is a role model. And I think it's distinctive that Hermione from "Harry Potter" isn't the first connection I draw to her name (anymore).

Let's take her impressing UN speech about feminism as an example (I usually hate long speeches as they're boring, but Emma managed to capture me with her words. And her accent, haha.)


And now let's let Emma talk again:

I did not wake up like this.

I feel like young girls are told this whole idea that they have to be this kind of princess and be all delicate and fragile and that's bullshit.

With airbrushing and digital manipulation, fashion can project an unobtainable image that's dangerously unhealthy.

My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen